Office: (949) 422-2633
Cell: (949) 574-7600
Bob, originally from Australia and New Zealand, now calls Newport Beach home.
He has spent his life in and around the ocean sailing and surfing and has over fifty years of experience, having filled various roles in the Marine Industry.
His many accomplishments include being a Marine Project Management and Consulting professional for forty-five years. His extensive Project Management experience includes preparing and racing performance yachts, overseeing construction from design to race preparation, and installation of navigation systems and sailing instrumentation. He has maintained and transported yachts globally, consulting for global marine weather forecasting services and organizing professional and amateur yacht races. His established credibility, experience cultivating strategic business partnerships, and in-depth knowledge of the marine industry make him a valuable asset to our team.
Highlights of Racing Career
- 1971 Tahiti Race 78’ Ketch Mir – Race and delivery from LA to Tahiti with guests Walter Cronkite and James Michener
- 1972 Mazatlan Race Warrior 50’ sloop 1st Class A
- 1973 Pacific Ocean Racing Cup Warrior 1st Class A 1st Overall
- 1973 Honolulu Race Warrior 1st Class A
- 1974 Bermuda Race Warrior 2nd Class A
- 1975 Honolulu Race Sunset Boulevard 1st Class A
- Southern Ocean Racing Circuit High Roller 1st Class A
- St. Francis Big Boat Series Saudade 1st Class A
- California Cup Windward Passage 1st in Match Race
- Ensenada Race Owner’s Representative – Guest Walter Cronkite
Bob’s achievements in the local Newport Beach community include:
- Founding the Ensign Junior High Navigators and the Newport Harbor High Navigators
- Serving on the Board and VP of the Newport Harbor High School Educational Foundation
- Receiving the Principal’s Award for Outstanding Service
- Membership in The Daily Pilot Millennium Sailing Hall Of Fame
Bob is pleased to be associated with Crow’s Nest Yachts Newport Beach and is a member of the CYBA.