98′ Versilcraft Super Challenger 1987
1987/1998/2005/2018 Versilcraft Super Challenger 98′ Motor Yacht. This full time Captain maintained yacht has had constant upgrades through the years. In 2005 the yacht had an engine room overhaul with new ZF transmissions and two new Northern Lights Generators. Engines are three MAN 2842 LE models with 760 hp each, controlled by Kobelt controls. A complete Maretron system was installed and upgraded this year. Galley has new floors, Frig, oven, stovetop, microwave, and dishwasher, along with large capacity washer and dryer.
Full-beam master stateroom with custom king mattress with his and hers head. VIP full-beam stateroom with another custom king mattress en suite. VIP (2) full-beam stateroom with queen custom mattress and en suite. Forward are two crew or extra guest twin bed cabins, both en suite. In 2018 the yacht was fitted with new wood floors in the salon, along with new Italian leather couches and chairs, along with a dining table with a 7-coat piano laquer finish, and 6 leather dining chairs. The salon has a full-service wet bar with fridge and icemaker.
Complete retrofit of exterior and interior electronics, antennas, hard top, 24″ touch-screen, and other touch screens at all control stations. Complete hard top fly bridge enclosure just completed. Fly bridge has dining table for 12, and 2-3 person reclined lounges with cover Biminis if needed. New shafts, cutlass bearings, props, bottom paint, and complete service of the engine cooling systems were completed in 2019. The complete yacht was given an Awlgrip painting in 2018, and it shows. She has Naiad stabilizers, along with a 40 hp bow thruster, and 16–yes–16 Rolls L16, 6-volt AMG batteries for house 24-volt and inverter power.
This yacht has a great look and is set up well for group entertaining, as you have to see the fly bridge to believe the room. This yacht has a Jones Act waver with a MARAD Certificate to allow the boat to charter with a captain for up to 12 guests. Could be a money maker if wanted, with 3-week charters per summer and you’ve paid your yearly expenses. Fuel capacity is 3,500 gallons, fresh water is 745 gallons, and black water is 180 gallons. Too many extras to list, and it won’t hurt to come and take a look. The yacht is owned by an LLC and the taxes have already been paid, so you won’t have to. That’s a $100,000 savings off the top. Located on Seattle’s Lake Union.
|Fuel Capacity||3,450 gal|
|Fresh Water Capacity||745 gal|
|Cruising Speed||Cruising Speed|
|Top Speed||Max Cruising Speed|
|Number of Engines||2|
|Total Horsepower||1,520 hp|
- Full-service standup wet bar with refrigerator and Monogram icemaker
- 42″ Samsung TV
- Ample counter space, storage areas.
- Port and starboard access.
- Laundry area with stacked Maytag Washer and Dryer.
- Viking Refrigerator/Freezer with Ice Maker and water through the door.
- Wolff ceramic Cooktop.
- Whirlpool Oven.
- LG Carousel Microwave.
- Maytag Dishwasher.
- Kenmore Trash Compactor.
- GE Toaster.
Formal Dining Area
- Ample cabinets for dinner and wine service
- Polished burl woods, granite, brass, and fabrics
- Tracvision capable
- Panamax controller
- Parasound HCA -100 amp amplifier THX
- Direct TV controls
- Samsung DVD plus a large library of films
- ONKYO stereo receiver
- Sirius satellite radio capable
Admidships Master Stateroom
- Full-beam stateroom
- Centerline King berth
- Features polished woods, marble, and new fabrics
- Samsung 42″ flatscreen
- Hidden wall safe
- Stateroom has its own private stairwell
- His/hers heads and an oversized shower with (2) heads.
- DVD Player.
Aft VIP Guest Stateroom
- Full-beam Stateroom.
- Centerline King Berth.
- Stairwell leading up to the Salon.
- Ensuite head + shower.
- Insignia 21″ TV/DVD.
Forward Guest Stateroom
- Full-beam Stateroom.
- Island Olympic Queen Berth.
- Ample storage.
- Insignia 21″ TV/DVD.
- Stairwell leading to the Main Deck.
- Ensuite head + shower.
Forward Crew Quarters
- Captain’s Cabin with upper/lower Berths and Ensuite Head with Shower.
- Crew Cabin with upper/lower Berths.
- Head with Shower.
- Crew Mess/Office.
- HP computer, 24″ flatscreen, HP OfficeJet color, copy, fax, scanner.
- D-link/Verizon wireless internet with Wi-Fi router plus “glass bridge” option.
- Computer remote start and (4) port USB hub.
- 2 Insignia 15″ TV/DVD.
Navigation and Electronics
Complete retrofit of exterior Electronics, Antennas, and Arch, including all Interior Navigation Electronics (2016-2018).
- (2) Redundant Ships Computers, modem.
- Accessed from starboard Stairway.
- Center Helm Console and Helm Seat.
- Additional Seating to port.
- Navigation and Computer Communication Center to starboard.
- KVH F55 Tracphone capable.
- KVH G6 Tracvision capable.
- Furuno NavNet 72 mile color RADAR
- Furuno DRS4D-NXT Doppler RADAR
- Furuno GPS/ color Chart Plotter.
- HP Navigation Computer.
- (2) Flat Screen Color Monitors.
- Furuno GPS/WAAS GP-32.
- Furuno color Depth Sounder.
- Ritchie compass.
- Dual Trumpet Air Horns.
- (2) ACR Strobe lights.
- Ray-Line Search Light, Remote and Handheld.
- Marine Clock and Barometer.
- Furuno TZ Touch II, 15″ MFD
- Windows 10
- D-Link Verizon Wi-Fi
- Nobeltec Navigation Software.
- Airmar Weather Caster.
- AIS Class B
Engine Room and Mechanical Equipment
- Triple Screw Configuration
- Nibral 4-bladed Props
- 3″ Stainless Shafts
- Naiad Stabilizers
- 12″ Hydraulic Bow Thruster, 40hp
- Marine 800 gpd Water Maker – New 2021
- CruiseAir Air-Conditioning units, chilled water, with reverse cycle heating and individual controls in each stateroom/cabin/salon/galley.
- Fuel transfer system with rate/flow meter 120V + 24V
- Bilge high water Alarm System with (3) Pumps; (1) 220V AC, (2) 24V DC
- Fire Extinguishing Systems, fixed C02 with manual discharge
- Racor Fuel/Water Separator Filters for main engines and generators
- Headhunter Mach 5 Pump + 1 Excalibur 24-volt
- Fuel Distribution Manifold, (2005)
- Seawater Strainers on all Raw Water Pick-Ups
- (3) Rule automatic HD bilge pumps
- New shafts, cutlass bearings, + props 2019
- Electric Bilge Pump (manual control)
- Craftsman toolbox and tools, 2005 (see upgrades)
- GE 40 gallon hot water heater
- Wet/Dry Shop Vac
- Portable 110V bilge pump
- (2) High output Intake and Exhaust Fans. = DeltaT ventilation
- Electric Bilge Pump.
- 50 gallon Lube Oil Tank.
- Air Compressor.
- (2) 30KW Northern Lights Genset with hi-temp Sound Shields installed (2006)
- (2) 220V/50 amp Shore power cords, 50 feet each.
- (2) Charles 50 amp Iso Boosts.
- 4 kW Inverter
- (1) Engine battery bank and (1) house battery bank 16 Rolls L-16 Batteries 6V
- Dedicated Batteries for Electronics.
- Dedicated Batteries for Gensets.
- (7) Dometic Macerated Toilets
- (3) Black water and (3) gray water holding tanks.
- (3) Sealand Diaphragm pumps.
Flying Bridge/Boat Deck
- Accessed from pilothouse and affords excellent seating and al fresco dining with a panoramic view.
- Table seats 10 to 12 guests and has a Bimini sun cover
- Refrigerated Drink Center.
Deck and Hull
- Bow Pulpit.
- Stainless Steel Bow Rails with Fender Racks.
- (2) 105 lbs. Stockless Anchors.
- (2) 400′ ½” Stainless Steel BBB Chain.
- Vetus Horizontal Windlass with Vertical Capstan.
- Escape Hatch on Foredeck
- Stainless Steel Radial Arm Davit with Electric Winch
- Cockpit and Boat Deck Flood Lights
- Stainless Steel Swim Ladder
- 12″ Hydraulic Bow Thruster
- Marquipt Accommodation Ladder
- Emergency Tiller.
- Braided 1″ black docking lines with leather eyes
- (8) Fenders.
- Lighted Stainless Steel Flagpole.
- Outrigger holders
- Underwater Stern Lights
- Lounge chairs
- Cocktail table
- Teak decks
- 2005 engine room refit.
- Replaced main engine transmissions, upgraded to ZF Marine, (632 hrs.)
- New main engine Fuel Distribution Manifold.
- New fuel lines.
- Rebuilt Racor fuel filter system.
- Replaced main engine raw water plumbing.
- New water maker membranes and UV sterilizer.
- Replace exhaust wrap with new, highest quality Thermal Wrap.
- New generator sound shields, highest quality Thermal Wrap material. (2007)
- New engine room gauge panel with new start/stops.
- Redesigned freshwater system.
- (2) New Headhunter Mach 5 freshwater pumps.
- New Yacht Mate Water Softener.
- New black water tank with increased capacity to 180 gallons.
- New black water tank monitoring system
- Complete interior design refit; detailing of all woodwork, brass work polished and powder coated throughout (handrails, light bezels, misc. hardware), and upgraded fwd stateroom shower.
- Rebuilt refrigeration system (2007)
- New Exterior Canvas.
- New UPS (Uninterrupted Power Source) for all electronics (2010)
- All new Craftsman tools, tool boxes, and power tools.
- Exterior hull and superstructure paint work completed in (2003)
- Exterior black graphics completed in (2004)
- Complete bridge navigation and communications upgrade (2007)
- Complete computer and office upgrade (2010)
- Charles Iso Boost voltage correcting shoreline isolation transformer (2007)
- All Carpet (2011)
- All HVAC Water Pipes replaced (2011)
Recent Upgrades (2016-2020)
- New Cockpit Teak (2017)
- Total Yacht Repaint (2018) Awlgrip Paint
- New Stainless Steel Handrails.
- All light replaced with new efficient LED fixtures.
- All faucets replaced. (2018)
- All Toilets replaced with Dometic Masterflush Macerated toilets. (2016)
- Additional Headhunter Mach 5 Water Pump added. (2016)
- All mattresses replaced with custom sized Intellibeds. (2018)
- All Blackwater Pumps replaced with Sealand diaphragm pumps.
- New 32″ Samsung TV.
- New Walnut Hardwood Floors in Salon. (2018)
- Electric Reclining Italian Leather Couch in Salon. (2018)
- New accessory tables in Salon. (2018)
- New Dining Table & Chairs. (2018)
- New Maytag Washer & Dryer. (2017)
- New Wolfe Range. (2015)
- New Whirlpool Oven. (2017)
- Blue Ray Player.
- Two redundant ship’s computers. (2017)
- Nema 2000 Maretron monitoring and control electronic system. (2017)
- Two Furuno 15″ 72 Touch II MFD’s. (2016)
- 1 Headhunter X-Caliber 24 volt water pump.
- New Simrad 24″ Touchscreen on Flybridge. (2018)
- New Lebroc Leather Helm Seats on both bridges. (2018)
- Simrad AP70 Autopilot. (2018)
- New Furuno Digital Radar. (2018)
- New Flybridge Coffee Table.
- (8) Stainless Steel Drink Holders.
- Powder Coated Windscreen. (2017)
- All New Fiberglass Kitchenette Area on Flybridge. (2017)
- New Fiberglass Refrigerated Drink Center on Flybridge.. (2017)
- Hardtop with Stainless Steel Support Posts. (2016)
- Stainless Steel Railing on Flybridge. (2015)
- Duel Lounges for six people including wind and sunscreens on Flybridge.
- Removable Sunbrella Sunscreens over Flybridge Dining Area.
- Kobelt Digital Shift & Throttle Controls for (3) engines at Pilothouse and Flybridge Stations.
- Racor Fuel Polishing System.
- Reverso (6) outlet Oil/Transmission Exchange System.
- Plumbing Valve Bank replaced.
- Water filtration system installed in Galley.
- Instahot hot water system installed to galley Sink.
- Hot water recirculating pump and lines for hot water at all Fixtures.
- Maretron Bilge High Water Monitoring System.
- Maretron Fuel Flow Monitory System.
- Maretron Black Water Tank Monitoring System.
- Maretron AC/DC Current Flow Monitoring System.
- Maretron Fresh Water Tank Monitoring System.
- Maretron Fuel Tank Monitoring System.
- All Analog Gauges converted to Digital.
- New ProMariner Battery Charger.
- (20) AGM Batteries changed out. (2018)
- Voltage Converters by Analytic Systems. VTC315 24-24
- (3) Engines Repainted.
- Engine Room Floors Repainted.
- Installed Lorex Camera System with (7) HD 720p Cameras throughout the vessel. (2018)
- New Vinyl Wall Panels in Pilot House.
- New Delta T Engine Room Ventilation System.
- New Magna Sine Power Inverter/Battery Charger.
- (3) New Self-Parking Intermittent 3 Speed Wipers.
- Soundown Noise Reduction Barriers installed between Master and (4) Guest Suites.
- New full enclosure for flybridge. (2020)
- All new carpet. (2020)
- (2) Zodiac 6-person Life Rafts.
- ACR Satellite 406 EPIRB.
- (4) Throwable Life Rings, with Strobe Lights.
- New Signal Flare Kit. (meets Coast Guard specs)
- Fixed C02, plus (12) Portables throughout Vessel.
- Emergency Ditch Container.
- 7″ Brass Bell.
- Offshore Cruising First Aid Kits.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed.